Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sharing this poem with everyone (but especially my 10th graders as we finish our Holocaust unit) because I am so blown away by the message!

I had no time to hate, because
the grave would hinder me,
And life was not so ample I
Could finish enmity.

Nor had I time to love, but since
Some industry must be,
The little toil of love, I thought
Was large enough for me.
                 --Emily Dickinson

Periods 3 and 7
Grade 12
Word of the day:  cacophony (n)>harsh or loud sound or noise
Collected analyses of critical essays and signed research paper contracts.  We went to the library for additional research and students completed a worksheet to document their reading for today.

Periods 4 and 6
Grade 10
Read aloud from Unwind.  Discussed end of Night with Period 6.  Checked outlines that students had done for homework.  For homework:  write a paragraph on how Eliezer faced and dealt with his hopelessness.
For period 4, we read up to part 8 in Night and outlined the "falling action".  For homework>finish book and outline "resolution".

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment