Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Periods 7 and 3
Grade 12
Word of the day:  vapid

I distributed copies of the outline template for your research papers and discussed my expectations at length.  Be mindful of the many important due dates>Tuesday 12-6-11 for outside reading assessment (to be done in class); Thursday 12-8-11 for rough drafts of thesis statement/outline/works cited page; Monday 12-19-11 for notecards/revised thesis/outline/works cited page.
I began giving notes on Medieval England and class ended with discussion of King Arthur.

Period 6
Grade 10

Read to page 231 in Unwind.  Viewed photo of Polish boy and read poem.  Brainstormed images and "I wonder" statements.  I distributed poetry writing assignment due on Friday, 12-2.

Period 4
Grade 10

Read to page 224 in Unwind.  Then, class was dismissed for assembly.

Period 1
Grade 10

Read independently before lunch.  Afterwards, students copied outline from board (orientation at Auschwitz).  As we read section 3 from Night, students identified and copied textual evidence of powerful images that they will use later in their poetry writing.

I hope to see everyone tomorrow...keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment