Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Let the streams of life flow in peace.
Turn from violence.
Learn to think for a long time how to change the world
How to make it better to live in."
                      --Quetzalcoatl

word of the day>>temporize (v):  to stall or act evasively in order to gain time, avoid a confrontation, or postpone a decision.

Previous words that I did not post earlier:  9/25>>reconnaissance; 9/27>>substantiate; 9/28>>intransigent; 10/1>>invidious; 10/2>>taciturn  (You can obtain definitions from other classmates, from me, or a dictionary.)

Period 1
English 12AP

Class dropped today due to NECAP testing.  Tomorrow, we begin Beowulf.  I continue to work on your college essays.

Period 3
English 12CP

We played "catch-up" today.  I also distributed a book project -- a theme tracking booklet.  Due date is Monday, October 22.  Tomorrow, the class will meet in Mr. Bucci's room (#805).  Your assignment is to complete Beowulf in your anthologies, study the words for your quiz on Friday, 10-5, and work on your projects.  You have much to keep you busy!

Period 4
English 12CP

We played "catch-up" today.  I also distributed a book project -- a theme tracking booklet.  Due date is Tuesday, October 23.  Tomorrow, we will pick up where we left off with Beowulf.  Be sure to study your words for the quiz on Friday, 10-5.

Just a brief note to thank all of you, my wonderful students, for your kind understanding during this time of sadness for my family and me.  My brother was a really cool guy; you would have liked him a lot.  I hope you will continue to be patient with me as I try to regain my equilibrium.  See you tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment